Thursday, July 8, 2010

Onto something?

Daily Word Goal: 500
Today's Count: 768

So, I've switched gears yet again, trying to find the story that is right for me to tell at this point in my hectic life, and I'm just working on a scene from my paranormal/urban fantasy that's sort of at the beginning of the book. I'm not worrying about starting on chapter one, page one. Just writing, trying to feel out the character and her world.

I've already managed to get 768 words out on e-paper today, which is more than I've done on any other project (in one day) in the last several months. Not only did I exceed the goal, I feel like I can KEEP writing, instead of it being torture.

I'm hoping it's a sign that I'm finally on the right track and my muse and I are on the same e-page.

-k

4 comments:

  1. This comment is actually for the last post which didnt have a 'comment' link. I LOVE Buffy. My husband and I used to watch it faithfully. The clip of Spike & Buffy was awesome although I don't recognize a lot of the scene's. Time to go back and rewatch the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Team Nyrak! Interestingly, I played a maid in a play called 'Nightwatch' in my younger, more spry and experimental days. Omen, perhaps? I got rave reviews...comic relief! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya just have to liste to that muse. They can run your day if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karyn, Keep it up when it is flowing.

    ReplyDelete