Monday, March 22, 2010

Notes. Lots and lots of notes.

Daily Word Goal: 500
Todays's Total: 100

Well, at least I wrote. However, over the weekend I got some daydreaming time in thanks to my husband, and jotted down all kinds of pages of notes on plot and character -- stuff for the rest of the book. So although the actual writing is creeping along, I'm still working on the novel.

The other thing I'm happy about is that those paltry 100 words are the beginning of chapter two. They ain't brilliant, but they're good enough to go forward with.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you - all you have to do is sit and write, even if you don't like what comes out (I have truckloads of that!). I think Julia Cameron (The Artist's Way) said keep writing - even if all you write is "I have nothing to say" over and over again! Sometimes I complain on paper to meet my goal :-).
    Swati
    (Aspiring Writers group at MBC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm your newest follower from Aspiring Writers at MBC. Hey, we need to be happy for all the writing we can squeeze into a day right? Looking forward to reading more.

    Heather
    http://militaryspouserollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete